Job Title: Summer Achievement Coach Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
Reports to: Program Manager and/or Site Coordinator
Status: Part-time, 20-32 hours
Salary: $12-15 per hour depending on job duties, experience, and education
Locations: Champaign or Rantoul Temporary Postions begins: June 1, 2021
The Achievement Coach is responsible for effectively leading a group of DREAAMers in a wide variety of academic, social emotional, recreational, arts, and project-based activities. In addition, the Achievement Coach supervises and collaborates with Jr. Achievement Coaches and volunteers. This position follows the school calendar with summer employment opportunities.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and actively participating in academic, cultural and artistic, social emotional, leadership, sports, games, and other enrichment activities
- Position will require standing for long periods of time, running, lifting up to 20 pounds and both indoor and outdoor work
- Maintain knowledge of and enforce all DREAAM rules and regulations.
- Respond to critical incidents and emergency situations requiring CPR and/or First Aid.
- Adequately observe participants’ activities to ensure that all safety regulations are being followed.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be at least 25 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Verifiable experience working with children of diverse backgrounds
- Employer sponsored CPR and First Aid certification within 30 days of hire
- Background check is required
- Successful and timely completion of training program
- Able to multitask and work well in a team environment
- Able to exhibit patience and to communicate clear expectations to children and co-workers
- Able to build strong, trusting relationships
- Ability to model attributes of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Ability to solve problems and to make sound decisions